connoisseur (noun) meaning "to be acquainted with" or "to know something."
Judgment informed by intuition is essential, but is grounded in a thorough understanding of the work itself.
I wish I could make a career out of app connoisseurship and "the cult of originality" that is the app store. The only reward for one bearing the title app connoisseur is awesomeness. It doesn't pay the bills, but it keeps life interesting. I love trying out new and interesting apps, gadgets, whatever...and sharing what I find with the people I love. That makes me opinionated and verbal. Not always a great combo, but when it comes to making your life easier then aren't you glad I shared?!
Here are my current top 12 apps: it's my list it doiesn't have to be a nice number)
1. Words With Friends I love words, I love this app. I like that I can play and text my old neighbor who now lives in Texas. I like that it will create games with random opponents as well. I use this when friends I am playing are taking to long to respond (M.) Fun and hey, there is a free edition so really what have you got to lose?
2. ESV Bible this app has a great layout for Harvest's favorite bible translation. You are loved and might love this app.
3. Dennis Miller this is a great app. You can stream the show whenever you like. Brains, logic, and laughs. 3 of my favorite things. DMZ, Mansquito, and amazing guests.
4. Memiary A Diary for busy people. What?! I am busy....just not right now. This allows you to record your top 5 things of the day. It has a nice layout and is easy to read the archives. This one is under my "If I Die" icon. Hopefully my kids will read it someday, who else would?
5. Awesome Note yeah it is! Portable paperless files on whatever your little, administrative heart desires! I keep one for each of our family members, password codes, work, gift ideas....whatever. Another app under "If I die." Because if I go under, J is going to need it.
6. Moxie where else can you change turn into burn? Did I mention how much I like words? It's a thinking man's or woman's word game. And yes my itouch is making me dumber, but my Moxie is leveling the playing feild. Take my word for it or download this new defense against stupid and see for yourself.
7. Epic Win Yeah it is! A superfun and witty way to turn your todo list into a todone list. I am the treeman. Takes you on a daily quest to get er done! Motivates you with points and loot! (because lets face it noone else is giving you any credit for accomplishing the random chores that are daily life) There is something gratifying about getting 300 points for changing diapers and picking up some loot along the way. Also you can link your progress to social networking sites so your friends can marvel at your progress.....or illicit some uninvited accountability.
8. Prayer Wall the praying life foundation got this one right! This app allows you to post and pray specifically for anonymous Christ followers! I love, love, love this app.
9. Couch to 5K This app was a great 9 week trainer for the Santa Run.....which I didn't do thatnks to massive snow fall. I did however train....for the last 2 weeks. I really like this app because it allows you to play your own music, but will inturrupt periodically to let you know when to switch up your activity. Thumbs up! I keep this under my "Y UR Fat" Icon....no comments from the peanutbutter gallery.
10. Le Petit Dummy has been entertaining our family for quite some time.
11. Avatar lets you make faces that look like your friends for those who are in your contact list.
12. FML no, I will not tell you what it stands for, however I will tell you if you log on you will instantly feel better about your life, and have a good laugh. and Demotivational posters think you've seen it all? I assure you, you have not. Download and smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment