I love it when Jack Nicholson tells Diane Keaton "Your a woman to love" Somethings Gotta Give Really I am a sucker for one liners. NO REALLY it's unreal. I actually worry that if I ever become old and demented people will never know it, because I have made a lifetime pastime out of collecting and storing one liners. And I am pretty sure I could make a convincing argument for sanity by stringing a few together. The more clever they are the more I love them. Those of you who know me...get your chuckle on.
Here's a list of my favorites:
*God will assure my success according to His plan, not mine
*Pick up the clue phone, it's reality calling.
*It is what it is....unless it isn't
*An explanation of cause is not justification by reason (CS Lewis)
*Just because you figured out how something was put together or made doesn't mean there is no God
*Mama say obey!( Shephard Fairey I think I love your art even more now that I have become a mom)
*There is a certain freedom in having nothing left to lose.
*The irony is this: While God doesn't need us, He still wants us...We desperately need God, but don't really want Him most of the time.
*I can sleep when I'm dead.
*All that matter in life is the reality of who we are before God
*Got Apathy? check your pulse
*God's main goal for us in life is Himself
*It's Oxymoronic.....this was how I described Ricky Gervais' closing comment at the Golden Globes---if your really an athiest there is no God to thank which brings me to my next one liner
*Diagnosis: Dumbass.
*Affection is responsible for 9/10 of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. (c.s.lewis)
*What is the worst that could happen?
*You can't instill in your kids what you don't have yourself
*Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
*I don't want the world, I just want your half. Thank you TMBG
*How's that working for ya?
*Be there. daddy-o
*Faith is acting on what God says regardless of how I feel about it because God promises a good result. (Pastor James)
*Get in line.
*It's just not that hard (mon)
*We are often given opportunities, disguised as problems impossible to solve.
*It's a short journey from doubt to despair. and desperate plans come from despairing hearts.
*The only difference between me and that is a few bad choices.
*You better check yourself..
*Depression is believing the lie about yourself and spending the whole day dispelling it
*I had anxiety for breakfast.
*That's right up my alley.
*This book will keep me from sin or sin will keep me from this book (pastor james)
*Choose to sin, choose to suffer. (pastor james)
*I cannot make everyone happy. Today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either.
*If you can't laugh at this place, it will kill you.
*This house is not a dump....on a side note here's a funny blog on the subject: eclecticeffervescence
*A Man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word "darkness" on the walls of his cell. (cs lewis)
*What is the worst case scenario?
No comments:
Post a Comment